Having fun while being safe using ChildFund Connect
ChildFund Connect is a place for you to learn and share your ideas, but remember to follow these guidelines when using the site:
- I understand that when I write a status update on my wall, write a post on my friend’s wall or on my class’ wall, these comments will appear immediately. I will make sure I think carefully before posting.
- I will only use kind words.
- I will do my best to stay on topic and make sure my comments are relevant to the activities.
- I will respect the opinions of others.
There are also some golden rules to remember whenever you are chatting online.
- Always keep your name, address and other personal information private. That includes your email address, msn or skype name, real nickname, phone number and/or mobile number.
- Never meet up with an online friend. Never arrange to meet an online friend, no matter how well you think you know them.
- Be careful: People may not be who they say they are. Message boards and chats can be fun, but they are also dangerous because you don’t know who you are talking to. Remember stranger danger - the same rules apply when you are online.
Always tell an adult if you feel uncomfortable or worried. Don’t forget you can always log-off and leave the website.